Monday, October 25, 2010

Iverson is Turkey bound

Looks like Iverson has agreed to a 2-year deal to play in Turkey.  My favorite part of the process was when Iverson's agent said that one of the appealing things about playing in Turkey was that it was "close to the United States".  Yeah dude, it is close in the sense that it is not on Neptune. 

I am glad for Allen personally because I don't think that guy is programmed to do anything besides basketball.  He needs it.  Can't fathom what will happen to this guy when his playing days are over.   

I know he still harbors a desire to play in the NBA.  Don't see that happening.  He couldn't do much with Philly after their one run to the Finals.  Denver instantly got better after he left, and the impact he had at his remaining stops were negative.  I think teams would be more inclined to take a chance on a young guy to see if he can play rather than on an old guy to see if he can still play. 

No comments:

Post a Comment